Skip Context menu
Special Aeronautical Studies
ICAO Annex 14 paragraph 4.3.2 concerns special aeronautical studies to determine whether a structure constitutes a hazard to airplanes.
ASAP s.r.o. was commissioned to do a special aeronautical study for what is the highest buildings in the world, the Burj Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
A special aeronautical study is comprised of the following elements:
- Site survey to aeronautical data quality standards (WGS84)
- Operational considerations including air traffic management, present and projected air traffic flow
- Annex 14 considerations
- PANS - OPS considerations (including all IFR procedures, approach and departure at the aerodrome concerned)
- Other ICAO standards and recommended practices
- Aviation law and regulations
- Affect on air navigation facilities and airport lighting (including radio navigation aids, Radar shielding and VHF reception)
- Environmental concerns
- Mitigating factors
- Risk analysis